Install On USB Thumb Drive
Insert the Drive into a USB Port.
- Gently insert the USB thumb drive connector plug into the USB socket.
Locate the Drive
- Locate the Windows Start button on your Windows desktop. Click it once with your right mouse button.
- Place the mouse cursor on Open Windows Explorer and click once with the left mouse button. to open Windows Explorer.
- Locate the thumb drive under the heading, Computer.
- Record the letter Windows has assigned to your thumb drive.
Find the Orb Download
This is covered in detail elsewhere. See the Find the download tech skill.
Install the Orb from the Download
- Locate the downloaded orb exe file.
- Place the mouse cursor over the file name and rapidly click twice with the left mouse button.
- You may see a user account control warning. Click the Yes button.
- The orb setup wizard starts with a Welcome window. Click Next.
- The Licence Agreement window now opens. To proceed with the installation, click I accept the agreement then click Next.
- Change the letter C to the letter Windows assigned to your thumb drive.
- When you have changed the drive letter to correspond to your thumb drive, click Next.
- The Select Menu Programs Menu Folder window now appears. Uncheck the Create shortcuts on the Desktop by clicking it using the left mouse button. Check the Don't create a Program Group box. Proceed with the installation on your thumb drive by clicking Next.
- A window opens showing installation progress.
- When the program has finished installing, uncheck the Launch (Orb) box. End the installation by clicking on Finish.
- After installing an orb you may see a Windows installation warning. Place the cursor on This program installed correctly and click with the left mouse button to close the window.
Removing the Thumb Drive
- Locate the hidden icons triangle on the bottom right side of your desktop and click it once with the left mouse button.
- You should see a small window containing different icons. Click on the USB icon for the thumb drive with either the left or right mouse button.
- Place the mouse cursor over the name of your thumb drive and click with the left mouse button.
- Remove your thumb drive when you see the Safe to Remove message. Replace the cap over the thumb drive's USB connector to protect it from damage.